Shoulder Press, Push-Press or Push Jerk (Athlete Choice) 5,3,1,1,1 Repetitions,
Rest as needed then,
Complete Three Rounds:
Row 400 Meters
Run 400 Meters
Kettlebell Swing, 30 Repetitions (53lb. / 35lb.)
Choose a running route from todays AMMAP and have fun!
Note: Our strength component today is “Athletes Choice” allowing Athletes to choose their respective skill based on experience, goals and technique. Athletes will work up to a new Personal Record in their chosen lift. For the timed evolution, rest up to 3:00 between rounds. Men’s Kettlebell weight is up to 53lb. and women’s up to 35lb. Can anyone average a sub 5:00 round for all 3 rounds? Compare todays weight and time to June 24, 2015. Athletes can also run between 1 and 10 miles, picking a route from the AMMAP. Please note the LAST CLASS of the day will be at 4:00 PM, The 5:00 PM class is cancelled to support the Nicole Brown As Many Miles As Possible (AMMAP) event.
As Many Miles As Possible (AMMAP) Running Routes
Phase A Olympic Lifting (8:00 AM – 9:00 AM at HQ)
As Many Miles As Possible (AMMAP) 24 Hour Run or Concept 2 Row (6:00 PM at HQ)
Note: Last class today is from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
24 Hour As Many Miles As Possible (AMMAP) Starts TONIGHT at 6:00 PM
The 24 hour As Many Miles As Possible (AMMAP) benefit Run (or Concept 2 Row) for Nicole Brown starts at 6:00 PM tonight from our Headquarters gym. Participants should be at HQ by 5:30 PM to join in the prayer circle with Nicole at 6:00 PM and the official start of the run. Please note the 10:00 AM community workout tomorrow, August 29, 2015, will be a run along the 1 or 5 mile route. Open gym and the Advanced WOD will be cancelled to support the AMMAP.
- Runners can participate anytime between 6:00 PM on August 28 and 6:00 PM August 29.
- Every mile the gym runs or rows “counts” for monetary donations to Nicole Brown.
- CrossFit, Inc., will be donating $10.00 for every mile Greg and Cobbie run.
- Runners can choose from 5 beautiful routes of varying distance (see map above).
- Runners will have hand-maps available for longer routes.
- Epic Fitness Van will be available for emergencies and stranded runners.
- Food / Water can be staged safely at HQ.
- Visiting runners are welcome to “camp” at our Krav Maga location.