“Vision is something you have in your mind.” Ray Charles
A Warrior encounters life in a very meaningful way. At the center of the Warrior’s engagement of each moment lives a set of principles – a philosophy which guides their actions. Adherence to this philosophy ensures the Warrior will keep their faith and commitment to strategic encounters with other people and circumstances.
A Warrior’s Philosophy ensures their Victory in life. By committing to the following disciplines and practices, you can walk with confidence along the path of a true Warrior:
- Practice putting your entire heart, soul and spirit into everything you do.
- Search for the bright side of everything. Nothing happens TO you. Everything happens FOR you.
- Develop the discipline to do the things you think you cannot do.
- Keep grievances and troubles to yourself when tempted to recite them to others. Positivity is a force multiplier.
- The Laws of the Universe are not to be broken.
- In a group, give more than you receive.
- Put cooperation before competition.
- Be easy to get along with. Offer all you meet peacefulness.
- Strive for virtuosity and efficiency in all your actions.
- Always keep promises, oaths, commitments and appointments.
- Only God can judge. Practice forgiveness and look for the good in others.
- Always do the very best you can.
“The best course of action is to align yourself with a set of principles that are consistent with God’s law – Universal law. Hold yourself accountable to these principles, and your life will have meaning, purpose and significance.” – Drill SGT. Oliver to Greg Amundson during Basic Combat Training, FT. Sill, OK, 2004